Today’s post is sponsored by Melanie Conklin and Every Missing Piece!
Title Every Missing Piece
Author Melanie Conklin
Intended Target Audience Middle Grade
Publication Date May 26th 2020 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Find It On Goodreads ● Amazon ● Chapters ● The Book Depository ● Barnes & Noble ● IndieBound
A stunning voice-driven novel about grief, family, and putting the pieces back together for “fans of Rebecca Stead and Erin Entrada Kelly” (BCCB) and “readers who enjoyed The Thing About Jellyfish (Booklist).
Maddy Gaines sees danger everywhere she looks: at the bus stop, around the roller rink, in the woods, and (especially) by the ocean. When Maddy meets a mysterious boy setting booby traps in the North Carolina woods, she suspects is Billy Holcomb – the boy who went missing in the fall.
As Maddy tries to uncover the truth about Billy Holcomb, ghosts from her own past surface, her best friend starts to slip away, and Maddy’s world tilts once again. Can she put the pieces of her life back together, even if some of them are lost forever?
Do! Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature on Pop! Goes The Reader in which I pay tribute to some of the best and brightest the publishing world has to offer in the way of book cover design.
Please Note: I’ve done my best to credit the designers and artists responsible for the beautiful covers below, but was unable to find this information for a number of those listed. If you know of an uncredited designer responsible for any of these book covers, please let me know and I would be happy to include proper attribution in this post. Their work is lovely and deserves to be credited.
01. Whispering Pines by Heidi Lang and Kati Bartkowski
(Cover design: Tiara Iandiorio ● Cover art: Diana Novich)
02. Seekers of the Wild Realm by Alexandra Ott
(Cover design: Heather Palisi ● Cover art: Cathleen McAllister)
03. The Oddmire: The Unready Queen by William Ritter
04. The Girl Who Fell Out Of The Sky by Victoria Forester
(Cover design: Rich Deas ● Cover art: Jason Chan)
05. Which Way Is Home? by Maria Kiely
(Cover art: Luisa Rivera)
06. The Book of Fatal Errors by Dashka Slater
(Cover design: Elizabeth H. Clark ● Cover art: Celia Krampien)
07. Summer At Meadow Wood by Amy Rebecca Tan
(Cover design: Cat San Juan ● Cover art: Jane Newland)
08. One Last Shot by John David Anderson
(Cover art: Rafael Mayani)
09. The Popularity Pact: Camp Clique: Book One by Eileen Moskowitz Palma
(Cover design: Marissa Raybuck ● Cover art: Lisa K. Weber)
10. Fly On The Wall by Remy Lai
(Cover design: Carol Ly ● Cover art: Remy Lai)
11. Abby, Tried and True by Donna Gephart
(Cover art: Svetla Radivoeva)
12. Halfway To Harmony by Barbara O’Connor
(Cover art: Jen Bricking)
13. The Amelia Six by Kristin L. Gray
(Cover art: Celia Krampien)
14. One Time by Sharon Creech
15. Lupe Wong Won’t Dance by Donna Barba Higuera
(Cover design: Maeve Norton ● Cover art: Mason London)
16. Before The Ever After by Jacqueline Woodson
(Cover design: Theresa Evangelista ● Cover art: Stephanie Singleton)
17. How To Get Away with Myrtle by Elizabeth C. Bunce
(Cover art: Brett Helquist)
18. Dragon Mountain by Katie Tsang and Kevin Tsang
(Cover art: Petur Atli Antonsson)
Now it’s your turn! What are some of your favourite Middle Grade covers? Did I list one of your favourites here or is there one I forgot that just has to be included? Let me know in the comments!