Today’s post is sponsored by Lindsay Eagar and The Creative Revisionist!
The Creative Revisionist is a six lesson course designed to be completed at your own pace. Each lesson includes lectures, exercises, resources, and tools to help you make it through the revision process without yanking out your hair. Access to the materials is for FOREVER.
In this course, you will learn:
● How to examine your draft for revision prep work
● How to organize your notes (so there’s no mad shuffling of papers)
● How to find your story AND solve your plot problems
● How to say YES to your heart and write the book you want to write
● How to navigate through revisions using your own preferences and boundaries so you can be successful
● How to communicate with the doubts that arise and use them to your advantage
Includes a no-nonsense, step-by-step guide to revising a book and not hating it!
Do! Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature on Pop! Goes The Reader in which I pay tribute to some of the best and brightest the publishing world has to offer in the way of book cover design.
Please Note: I’ve done my best to credit the designers and artists responsible for the beautiful covers below, but was unable to find this information for a number of those listed. If you know of an uncredited designer responsible for any of these book covers, please let me know and I would be happy to include proper attribution in this post. Their work is lovely and deserves to be credited.
01. Grown by Tiffany D. Jackson
(Cover design: Erin Fitzsimmons ● Cover art: Rachelle Baker)
02. Head Over Heels by Hannah Orenstein
03. All Our Worst Ideas by Vicky Skinner
(Cover design: Katie Klim ● Art direction: Liz Dresner)
04. Serena Singh Flips The Script by Sonya Lalli
05. The Yes Factor by Erin Spencer and Emma Sable
(Cover design and cover art: Farjana Yasmin)
06. Night Music by Jenn Marie Thorne
(Cover design: Kristie Radwilowicz ● Cover art: Marina Esmeraldo)
07. You Lucky Dog by Julia London
08. The Year Shakespeare Ruined My Life by Dani Jansen
(Cover art: Liz Parkes)
09. The Key To You and Me by Jaye Robin Brown
(Cover design: Jessie Gang ● Cover art: Colleen Reinhart)
10. Well Played by Jen DeLuca
(Cover design and cover art: Colleen Reinhart)
11. Sweetest In The Gale by Olivia Dade
(Cover art: Leni Kauffman)
12. How It All Blew Up by Arvin Ahmadi
13. Furia by Yamile Saied Méndez
(Cover design: Laura Williams ● Cover art: Rachelle Baker)
14. Perfect On Paper by Sophie Gonzales
(Cover design: Jonathan Bush ● Cover art: Jonathan Bush)
15. Charming As A Verb by Ben Philippe
(Cover design: Chris Kwon ● Cover art: Steffi Walthall)
16. Once Upon A Quinceañera by Monica Gomez-Hira
(Cover design: Corina Lupp ● Cover art: Isabela Humphrey)
17. The Secret of You and Me by Melissa Lenhardt
18. Everything Here Is Under Control by Emily Adrian
(Cover design: Alenka Design)
19. One of the Good Ones by Maika Moulite and Maritza Moulite
(Cover design: Rachelle Baker ● Cover art: Gigi Lau)
20. Roman and Jewel by Dana L. Davis
(Cover design: Elita Sidiropoulou ● Cover art: Robert Ball)
Now it’s your turn! What are some of your favourite Contemporary covers? Did I list one of your favourites here or is there one I forgot that just has to be included? Let me know in the comments!