Do! Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature on Pop! Goes The Reader in which I pay tribute to some of the best and brightest the publishing world has to offer in the way of book cover design. This feature is inspired by Katie’s feature Cover Love on her blog One Page At A Time. The idea is being used with her gracious permission.
Please Note: I’ve done my best to credit the designers and artists responsible for the beautiful covers below, but was unable to find this information for a number of those listed. If you know of an uncredited designer responsible for any of these book covers, please let me know and I would be happy to include proper attribution in this post. Their work is lovely and deserves to be credited.
01. Mostly The Honest Truth by Jody J. Little (Cover design by Jenna Stempel-Lobell, Cover art by Abigail Dela Cruz)
02. Walking With Miss Millie by Tamara Bundy
03. Saving Fable by Scott Reintgen (Cover art by Maike Plenzke)
04. The Secret of Zoone by Lee Edward Fodi (Cover art by Evan Monteiro)
05. Tangled in Time: The Burning Queen by Kathryn Lasky
06. Dear Sweet Pea by Julie Murphy (Cover design by Jenna Stempel-Lobell, Cover art by Levy (@LevysFriends))
07. March Forward, Girl: From Young Warrior To Little Rock Nine by Melba Pattillo Beals
08. The Trouble With Perfect by Helena Duggan (Cover design by Katharine Millichope, Cover art by Karl James Mountford)
09. The Twelve by Cindy Lin (Cover design by Molly Fehr, Cover art by Sher Rill Ng)
10. Kat Wolfe Takes The Case by Lauren St John
11. The Hunt For The Mad Wolf’s Daughter by Diane Magras (Cover design by Maggie Edkins, Cover art by Antonio Javier Caparo)
12. The Dragon Warrior by Katie Zhao (Cover art by Vivienne To)
13. The Fire Keeper by J.C. Cervantes (Cover art by Irvin Rodriguez)
14. Orange For The Sunsets by Tina Athaide (Cover design by Laura Eckes, Cover art by Olivia Duchess)
15. Race To The Sun by Rebecca Roanhorse (Cover art by Dale Ray DeForest)
16. The Great Shelby Holmes and The Haunted Hound by Elizabeth Eulberg
17. Revenge Of The Red Club by Kim Harrington (Cover design by Tiara Iandiorio)
18. Scary Stories For Young Foxes by Christian McKay Heidicker (Cover design by Carol Ly, Cover art by Junyi Wu)
Now it’s your turn! What are some of your favourite Middle Grade covers? Did I list one of your favourites here or is there one I forgot that just has to be included? Let me know in the comments!
Wow. These are some seriously gorgeous covers!!! I’m absolutely wanting to read the one by Melba Pattillo Beals. I read Warriors Don’t Cry years ago and was in awe of her strength, so I’d love to read more from her.
Stephanie recently posted…Tag: 30 Interesting Questions
Great selection, but I think the cover for The Missing Piece of Charlie O’Reilly by Rebecca K.S. Ansaribelongs on the list too – it’sa beautiful paper cut silhouette, very evocative, spooky and intriguing!
These are some amazing covers! I would buy the books just for the aesthetic aspects of them. Thanks for sharing Jen!
Jamie @ Books and Ladders recently posted…#Review: PHOENIX UNBOUND by Grace Draven
Gorgeous covers! Middle grade books have some of the most beautiful artwork. Thanks for sharing!
Absolutely beautiful artwork! I have to say middle grade books tend to have the best covers out there. I know based on the summary on Goodreads Saving Fable would be my favorite read out of this bunch.
Adriana @ BooksOnHerMind recently posted…Murder at the Mill by M.B. Shaw
The Twelve was designed by Molly Fehr and Illustrated by Sherrill Ng. You’ve GOT to see her other stuff! Thanks for blog posts after my own heart.